Call or Text: 705.768.8399
Mon - Fri: 9am - 6pm | Sat: 10am - 4pm
PC Maintenance, Training & Consulting Services in The Kawarthas.
Anything else I should know?
- Terms of service and policy information can be found here. We recommend you read and understand this information prior to setting up a service call.
How long does it usually take to resolve my issue?
- Most on-site visits take about 1 to 2 hours. The session may be shorter or longer depending on the number of and severity of issues. In some cases when a computer is heavily infected with viruses/malware, or we deem that a tune-up will need to be taken to the advanced stage, we will take the machine back with us and dropped off usually within 24-72 hours. You will receive status updates during the repair process through our online ticket tracker or via email/text.
How quickly will you have a technician physically dispatched to my location?
- We usually can set an appointment for same day or 24 to 48 hours after the call is received. Service calls are performed between the hours of 5pm and 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 10am to 4pm on Saturday.
Do you charge additional fees for on-site service?
- The prices you see on our services page is what you pay if you are within our service area (~10km from Lindsay or Peterborough). We do not charge additional rates for on-site services within these locations.
How much do your services cost?
- We strive to be the lowest price in the area. Depending on theservices you need, if it's one service you are asking to be done, and it falls under ourflat rate list, that is what you pay. Nothing else. If it is multiple issues or on-site, we can do it hourly and we are usually quite quick about it.
Do you sell hardware and software?
- McFarland IT Solutions is strictly a service provider and consulting company. We do not house hardware or software in-shop since we are not a retail provider nor do hardware repairs for computers, tablets, phones, etc.
- Antivirus software is a digital license and is provided as a service. We do no stock physical software discs.
Do you offer discounts for seniors and students?
- Yes we do! Students and seniors will get 10% off on all services. Valid ID may be asked prior to billing.
Does McFarland IT repair iPhone, iPad, Android Tablets and Phone screens?
- Unfortunately not. However, we do recommend a few places in the area as alternatives to getting your broken or damaged mobile device repaired. (Note: we have no affiliation with these companies and you use them at your own risk):
- Lindsay area: Cell Medic - (705) 934-4666
- Peterborough area: The Cell Shop - (705) 808-CELL(2355)
- Peterborough area: Banana Service - (705) 957-2657
What is your service area for on-site support?
- Our service area is within 10km of Lindsay and Peterborough. Locations outside of these points will have a $20.00 trip charge. This trip charge would be billed to your service call total.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about our services? Here's answers!
Can I drop off my machine at your service location?
- No, we have no fixed address. All work is done on-site or we arrange a pickup/drop-off at your location.
I'm looking to upgrade my computer but not entirely sure what to get. Can you help?
- Yes we can! We offer low hourly-rates for tech consulting not just for computers but all tech related items.
Do you charge a diagnostic fee?
- We do not charge for diagnostics if the service is completed by us. If diagnostics are completed and service is declined, you will be billed the diagnostic fee amount for the labour.
Do you repair monitors, printers, laptops and other computer peripherals?
- We can troubleshoot issues on most devices. We do not repair internal parts on monitors, printers or computers, but we will refer you to reliable repair places if it is economically feasible for you to repair the device rather than replace it.
Lindsay, Snug Harbour, Cameran, Cambray, Oakwood, Mariposa, Ops, Little Britain, Reaboro, Omemee, Downeyville, Peterborough, Lakefield, Keene, Bridgenorth.
Highlighted locations are approximate. Diagram shows general service areas.